Although my life no longer revolves around the military, I have a fondness for the time that I was exposed to it and an appreciation of how difficult military life can be for families and couples.
Finally Home to Family is a new website that aims to help service members and their loved ones reconnect and strengthen marriages and family life through your donations. This is a service that can be so beneficial to military families, where the stresses of long days and rigorous training — let along deployment — cause divorce to be higher than the national average. And the likelihood of divorce increases with every deployment. That’s not surprising when you consider that deployments require service members to be in an aggressive and agitated state of alert but the military doesn’t necessarily do the best job to bring them back out of it once they return. That’s exactly why this program can be helpful.
The Finally Home website has some great tips for reunions and the official Finally Home to Family widget, below, provides ideas for date nights and even includes a quiz to determine your recipe for romance.
You can enter to win one $15 Amazon gift code. Simple leave one comment below for each of the following entries.
- Click around the widget and tell me your romance quiz result, one of your favorite stories or something you learned. –Mandatory
- Follow Reviews by Cole on Twitter
- Become a fan of Reviews by Cole on Facebook.
- Add a link to a blog post about this giveaway (must include a link to the direct post)
- Like this post on Facebook
- Add this post to StumbleUpon or Digg
- A link to a Twitter post about this giveaway (once per day) such as:I entered to win a $15 Amazon gift card at http://reviewsbycole.com/2012/01/finally-home-to-family-giveaway/ Ends 01/20 OR you can use the handy Twitter button on the left.
Giveaway will end on January 20. Open to US residents only.